Thursday, January 12, 2006

what did these earlier works become?

Previous post: a comparison of earlier works

I started scrapbooking 5x7 layouts for a special project. It was a project of love. I wanted to provide my husband's grandmother with pictures of the kids that wouldn't be a burden on her to carry around the nursing home in her walker basket. I need something small, hence 5x7.

I decided that I was going to redo the three 8x10 layouts I showed in my previous post (see link at the top of this post). I just wasn't happy with them. I had learned a bit since the time I had created those layouts.

Here is what they became:





The same pictures. The same elements. The same fonts. Different layouts.

Fo what it is worth, smaller layouts offer a nice challenge. How do you get it all on there without looking crowded and over done? Sometimes I do better than others. It is a fun challenge though.

No comments:

Credits: Stacey Sansom's "Summer Delights" | Fonts used: ...............