Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I've been a busy little bee and other ramblings

I have been extremely busy the past couple of weeks. The whole fiasco at The Daily Scrap just came at the wrong time. It was the end of the semester/term crunch time and let us just say that it was a wee bit stressful. Fortunately, The Daily Scrap is gone. It is GONE GONE GONE! It doesn't make it any easier for us designers, but it is a chance to just pick up the pieces and move on. I am still very angry at Kristi Reever for being such a dishonest business person. My energy is best spent focusing on designing and scrapping.

Part of my "moving on" was disassociating myself with Kristi in anyway. It meant that I could no longer emotionally afford to put any more effort or patience into the Digi Diner. I just couldn't. Kristi was also a designer at Digi Diner and I couldn't stick around and be associated with her in anyway. To me, it just wasn't a good business decision to stay. It wasn't a good emotional choice to stay. So I have moved on. I do wish the owners of Digi Diner well and hope that maybe one day it will be the site that it has the potential to become. If you haven't checked it out, you should. It has a cute concept and I do hope that it will continue to grow that concept.

Part of the "moving on" is setting up shop in my new stores. I am grateful to all the stores that offered all of the displaced designers from The Daily Scrap. Those kind gestures truly show the true heart of the digital scrapbooking community. You guys are all wonderful. The opportunites were all wonderful. Unfortunately, it was a hard decision to make. It wasn't easy to pick one store over another. Somehow, I did, however. I had to. It wasn't easy. I pretty much just decided to jump in feet first and hope that it wasn't another shallow promised store. I signed with 3 stores and while I am not in all 3 yet, the third store is coming soon.

Coming soon and keep looking!

You already know that I've got products up at Seaside Scraps. It is slow going. I have to repackage everything. You'd think that would be quick and easy, but it isn't so when you've got 10,000,000 other things to be doing. That said, I have started uploading kits to Digi by Design. I've also added another kit to my selection at Seaside Scraps. You will now find "Faded Romance" and "Lime-ade" at Digi by Design. I hear that the official Grand Opening is coming soon. . . like really soon. . . keep your eyes open for information on that.

I've been busy scrapping!

I guess the most important thing right now is that I've found time to scrap pictures of my kids. It is slow going. Gosh, I am out of practice. I need to keep doing this and see if I can increase the speed any. I think part of the slowness is because I am finding it hard to scrap with my own stuff. That was my goal for this year and I am going to do it. I have had a blast since Sunday (Mother's Day) just scrapping stuff instead of stressing over other stuff. Check these layouts out!

Lance - March 2007

Credits:
» Blue polka dot paper - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade" (paper pack)
» Blue crumpled paper - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade" (paper pack)
» Ribbons - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade: Elements" (element pack - coming soon!)
» Metal buckle/slide - Stacey Sansom's "Spinning Wheels"

Fonts used:
» Ameinne


Kyle - March 2007

Credits:
» Brown paper - Stacey Sansom's "Spinning Wheels"
» Beige crumpled paper - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade" (paper pack)
» Green polka dot paper - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade" (paper pack)
» Paper clips - Stacey Sansom's "A Touch of Blue"
» Ribbons - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade: Elements" (element pack - coming soon!)
» Metal buckle/slide - Stacey Sansom's "Spinning Wheels"

Fonts used:
» Ameinne


Andrew - March 2007

Credits:
» Polka Dot Paper - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade" (paper pack)
» Blue Crumpled Paper - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade" (paper pack)
» Yellow Crumpled Paper - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade" (paper pack)
» Ribbons - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade: Elements" (element pack - coming soon!)
» Metal Buckle/Slide - Stacey Sansom's "Spinning Wheels"
» Eyelets - Stacey Sansom's "Lime-ade: Eleemnts" (element pack - coming soon!)
» Paper clip - Stacey Sansom's "A Touch of Blue"

Fonts used:
» Ameinne
» Artistamp Medium

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What nice layouts, and I'm totally digging those photos. Sorry about that Daily Scrap Crap...What a bummer...anway, about to pop on over to your store and see what's good. Feel better and good luck with your emotional 'move'

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were having problems...I so stress over situations like these...especially since our community is still so tight. Much luck to you as you get set up in the other stores.

Amber said...

Cute LOs! I ma have to scraplift!

I'm glad you're able to move on from all of that mess. :o)

Amy W. said...

Cute LOs. Now you just need to remove the TDS links in your sidebar to be completely done with it. LOL!
Hugs,
-Amy

Credits: Stacey Sansom's "Summer Delights" | Fonts used: ...............