Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Good things are to come

I was asked the question, "How do you describe your scrapping style?" That is a hard question to answer in some ways, but in others it is SO EASY to answer. Simple! I am definitely a simple kind of person. I don't care for elaborate embellishments. I also prefer to have my pictures tell the stories. For me, it is all about the photos and what is going on in the photos. I journal where I have to, but I'd rather my pictures do the talking where they can. I have found that in a lot of ways, this carries over into the digital scrapbooking kits I am designing. I try to keep them simple. I also try to keep them fairly gender neutral. I do have 3 boys after all. I don't get a whole lot of use out of pink and ruffles.

I thought it was about time for me to share some more previews from my upcoming kits. I am not sure where I will release them just yet, but I am working on some leads. I am excited about them at any rate. I haven't used any of these myself, but I know that my friend and digital scrapbooker, Karen, can't wait to get her hands on these. In due time. . .

I couldn't leave the Gentle Blues kit series with just 1 kit, now could I? Another kit in the series that is sure to be fun for both girls and boys.

Title: Stacey's Gentle Blues Kit 002

Main colors: Blues

Patterns: Stripes and Argile

Papers: 5 solid, 2 patterned

Elements: 3 slide mounts, 2 ribbons, 2 rows straight stitching, diamond tiles (flower, plus extra tile colors) with stitched stem, 2 metal bookplates with tacks, and 2 eyelets

I bet you were starting to think that there was a trend in the shades of blues found in the Gentle Blues Kits. I did a total "Gotcha" with this kit. This kit took on a much warmer and earthy tone and feel. I think it is striking for both boys and girls.



Title: Stacey's Gentle Blues Kit 003

Main colors: Blues

Patterns: Stripes and abstractish Stars

Papers: 6 solid, 2 patterend, 3 curved/torn

Elements: 2 leather straps, 1 star buckle, 4 paper tags, 4 slide mounts/frames, and straight stitching

I am not 100% certain that these are the only elements that will be found in this kit. Still trying to decide if anything else will overdo the kit, or if we've reached the "enough is enough, already" point.

Now we're onto a kit that hasn't earned is elements yet. Don't let that fool you, this kit is rich with colorful papers. I don't know, maybe the papers will be the focus on this kit. Anything could go at this point.



Title: Stacey's Gentle Blues Kit 004

Main colors: Blues

Patterns: Stripes and Polka Dots

Papers: 11 solid, 2 patterned

Elements: None yet.

No comments:

Credits: Stacey Sansom's "Summer Delights" | Fonts used: ...............