Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ramblings and going ons

Well I didn't get the SBB store position, but that's ok. I was super disappointed at first. It took forever for them to announce who the new store members would be. The anticipation just kept building and building. Disappointment followed. The reality is though, it doesn't directly reflect the quality of my stuff. I was up against a lot of talented designers. It must have been hard for them to select the few they wanted.

I am not giving up. I could just open my own store. I can't imagine where I would find the time to do it though. Things are soo busy in my life right now. Getting a position in an already established store would be best for me. I'd be able to focus on turning out new product and spend less time worrying about keeping a site up to date. It isn't outside my capabilities, but it is outside of my current time restraints.

I have a couple of leads I am following currently and am hoping that at least one of them will turn up the great opportunity.

I am not sure how it happened, but I finally found the time, or rather, motivation to scrap. Sunday I scrapped 3 pages in a matter of about 5 hours. It was SO THERAPUETIC!!!

Thursday I went with my photographer friend, Marissa Sutherland, to Mercer Arboretum with the photography group she is in. She thought it would be helpful. I was hesitant, but I figured it would be a good opportunity to pick up the camera again and get some practice. I was working mostly on exposure. I was having tons of problems with getting the right exposure with the digital Rebel. I got lots of practice moving from sunny spots to full shade. I got some good pictures of the boys while I was out. I ended up scrapping 4 of those pictures in the 3 layouts I did (a one page and a two page spread). They turned out wonderfully.

I have several more pictures I want to scrap. I just need to find time to do it.

I have also started another kit. I know, I know. . . "finish the other ones, aready!" I am working on it. Spare time is something I don't have a whole lot of these days. Summers are just crazy that way. Just think, I won't be turning out just one kit and you'll be waiting for more. I'll be turning out several and while you're working with those kits, I'll be turning out more. Who doesn't win? I have 2 kits that are ready outside of just exporting everything to the appropriate PNG and JPG formats and creating their TOU files. I have 2 kits that are mostly finished, they just need finishing touches -- adding some elements, exporting to the appropriate formats, and then creation of their TOU files. Then there are the other 2 that need elements. I do have one kit that is just all papers. Initially, I thought I'd add elements to the papers, but at this point I don't think I will. The papers are done and so I'll probably just release them as a paper pack.

Keep checking back, I'll be posting my most recent layouts and previews for my new kits.

No comments:

Credits: Stacey Sansom's "Summer Delights" | Fonts used: ...............