Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Another preliminary preview

I initially started a kit call "Gentle Blues" it was supposed to be appropriate for a baby boy without being "baby-ish." The ideas started. The ideas kept coming. So fast they came. I couldn't keep up. It started off as a small kit and it quickly grew and grew and grew. Eventually (and rather quickly, I might add), it contained 25 different patterned papers. Scratch that single kit idea. I broke it down and ended up with the starts of at least 5 smaller (but good sized kits). Then the lull in the desire to complete them hit. The rutt in digital scrapbooking started.

I am pleased to announce that once I got past the initial kit (Stacey's Circles Kit), the ideas started flowing again. I really did scratch the entire "Gentle Blues" kit. I did. I had to. I started over fresh. Thus resulting in a series of kits called "Gentle Blues."

I am actually happy with the results thus far. The purpose of these kits are to contain the color BLUE and variations of blues, while also containing other complementary colors. My goal is to have kits that are simple and boyish, yet are universal. You won't find fancy frills in these kits. Maybe in some of my future kits, I'll venture off into the more frilly edges of the universe, but for now I am catering to my boys.


Title: Stacey's Gentle Blues Kit 001
(1st in a series of kits)
Main colors: Blues
Patterns: Stripes and faint circles
Papers: 2 patterned, 4 solid
Elements: Buttons (2 different sizes), paper tags, ribbons, rectangular buckle/slide, and stitching (zigzag and straight)

This kit is not 100% complete as of yet. I am looking to add a couple more elements. Its release to the public will be soon.

No comments:

Credits: Stacey Sansom's "Summer Delights" | Fonts used: ...............