Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Did I catch that scrapping fever?

Well I couldn't just leave 1 layout that had remained incomplete as the only one that reached its completion today. I just couldn't. I took my Adobe Illustrator quiz and I decided that I need to finish another layout that had remained incomplete. I actually scrapped! A 2-page layout even. Go me!


I bought the Canon Digital Rebel XT back in May (end) and these were some of the first pictures I took using it. Not all of them were great, but I did get some that made me go "WOW!" Let's just say that it didn't take much to convince me of the quality of this camera. The pictures worth worth 1,000 words.

These are just a few of the ones I took that day at Mercer Arboretum's Botanical Gardens. I can't wait to see what this spring holds. I had planned on taking the boys to see it this past Saturday, but the weather had other plans for us.

Kit used: Stacey Sansom's "Simply Lush" (yes, I actually scrapped with one of my own creations) available at The Daily Scrap.

Fonts used: ITC Souvenir Light BT, English111 Vivace BT

For those of you that must know, this layout only took me 6.5 months to complete. OK, now I feel bad. I should be more diligent. It is something that I truly enjoy doing.

Today has been such a GREAT release of creative energy. Usually that energy is going into a web design client or what is left after that goes into trying to come up with a "new" digital scrapbooking kit idea. Today, however, my focus has shifted to just reflecting, remembering, and enjoying.

1 comment:

Grace Bennett said...

Great layouts, LOVE the photos! You did a great job highlighting them!!!

Credits: Stacey Sansom's "Summer Delights" | Fonts used: ...............