Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm looking at which child?

I finally scrapbooked a complete layout. A 2 page layout at that. I've been in design mode for so long, I would think about sitting down for actually scrapbooking and I would get design ideas instead. That doesn't get much scrapping done. Anyway, here is my most recent "completed" layout. Take a look!

I was going through some old photos. You know those printed photos from years ago? The ones that those of us who have joined the digital revolution have allowed to collect dust. The ones that are still in the developement envelopes and tossed in a box to "get to" later (which never comes). Those pictures that require us digital scrapbookers to actually scan something and so we continue to put it off.

These particular pictures were already on CD so I popped it in and browsed. . . I found the pictures featured in this layout. They caught my attention. They brought a smile to my face. I JUST HAD TO SCRAP THEM - immediately. I started - right away! I just had to scrap them after all. How could you not scrap them?

The really sad part about all this? I started this 2 page layout 10 months ago. The pictures struck me so much, because I couldn't remember who I was looking at for a moment. I was looking at an image of my youngest son who was roughly the same age as the one in the pictures. If I hadn't been able to tell from the background elements in the pictures, I wouldn't have known that it wasn't him.

These are pictures of my middle child, Kyle (now almost 7).

This layout was the inspiration for my kit "Dusty Boy Memories" (available at The Daily Scrap). It is a simple kit, but sometimes the simplest kits are the most fitting for those memories that we have to rub the dust off of to enjoy. The alpha in the layout out is not in the kit.

Fonts used: ITC Souvenir Light BT, Courier

It felt really good to actually to actually scrap today. I just felt like I wanted to do it since last night. Last night when the desire hit, it was too late to get started on anything. I did some of the things I needed to get done earlier today and so I treated myself to some scrapping time. It felt good. I am glad that I did it.

HAPPY SCRAPPING EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Love the layout wonderful job on it and what a cutie!!!

Credits: Stacey Sansom's "Summer Delights" | Fonts used: ...............