Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Is he trying to be a frog?

Yesterday I looked at the ad challenge found at The Daily Scrap for the month of February. I usually don't. I just don't have the desire to do many challenges. I'll do them if they catch my eye. I am not super interested in the attendance of posting bonuses either. I just like to scrap.


When I looked at this particular ad challenge, I immediately thought of pictures that I had taken just earlier in the day. It was perfect! See the posted inspiration. Obviously, I've taken some liberties to modify and adjust the inspiration a little bit. I've also done mine as a 2-page layout instead of just one.

This was a lot of fun!

The journaling reads: "I walked into the living room to find you, marker in hand, coloring all over yourself. I am not quite sure where you got the marker from. I don’t think anyone ever knows how an active and curious 2 year old finds these things, but you found a green marker nonetheless. Fortunately, you kept your green marker masterpiece to your body for the most part, but why oh why couldn’t you have just colored on that piece of paper that was laying right next to you on the couch? Paper is for artwork, not little boy’s bodies. I rushed you off to the bath to clean you up. You turned the bath water green!"

Fonts used: Adobe Garamond Pro

I even scrapped the layout with all of my own stuff. I have really found that it isn't easy to scrap my own stuff. I can make it, but I can't use it. Well that had to change. My personal challenge is to use the stuff that I design.

Striped paper: Stacey Sansom’s "Spinning Wheels"
Green Paper: Stacey Sansom’s "Simply Lush"
Bookplate: Stacey Sansom’s "Going in Cirlces"
Ribbon & Bow: Stacey Sansom’s "Faded Romance" (recolored)
Vellum: created on the spot

Inspiration: February 2007 Ad Challenge @ The Daily Scrap (Dove soap products magazine ad)

No comments:

Credits: Stacey Sansom's "Summer Delights" | Fonts used: ...............